“Have other relevant sites link to yours.”
Google Webmaster Guidelines
Link building is the process of getting other websites to link to yours. Links are one factor in how search engines determine the importance of a website. In general, a website with a lot of inbound links is viewed by the search engines as very important while a website with only a few links is not considered important.
Good link building focuses on getting relevant links from high quality websites or high Page Rank (PR) sites.
Search Engine Submission
• Inclusion—It stands to reason that if your website isn’t included in the search engines then you will not rank highly for many searches. This simple truth is an often-overlooked part of link building. The links from the search engines will generate most of your traffic. We will make sure that every page of your website is indexed in Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
Link Building Strategies
• Increase the number of relevant, authoritative sites that link to you—We will work to get other relevant, authoritative sites to link to yours. This is the most effective way to increase the visibility and credibility of your website. We focus on 9 link-building strategies:
1. Link requests—Ask a relevant site for a link.
2. Link exchange—Offer to link to them if they link to you.
3. Articles—Syndicate articles about your industry that link back to you.
4. Social News sites—Digg.com, delicious, etc.
5. Press releases—Submit press releases online and be sure to embed a link.
6. Social networking sites—Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, LinkedIn, ect are authority sites.
7. Channel links—Ask your suppliers and industry partners to link to you.
8. Sponsorships—Sponsoring a project related to your industry often results in a link.
9. Testimonial—Write a testimonial for a product or service that you like.
Your site should be included in major directories under the appropriate categories. Our directory specialist meticulously submits your site to 500 top directories, monitors the results, and resubmits as needed to insure that you are included. Despite the widespread availability of submission software, this is not a process that can be automated and still achieve top results. Also, a directory is more than just a great way to get a link; it is also an excellent place to find sites that will link to yours.